Turf Tenders offers a low-cost Four-Step Lawn Care Program to provide a healthy, green, thick, deep rooted lawn:|
- Early Spring [March-May} Pre-emergent crabgrass and foxtail prevention plus balanced fertilizer
- Early Summer [May-July] Broadleaf weed control** as needed plus a standard rate of balanced slow-release fertilizer
- Late Summer[July-September] Broadleaf weed control** as needed plus a standard rate of balanced slow-release fertilizer
- Fall [September-November] Heavier rate of winter fertilizer plus broadleaf weed control
**We follow IPM [Integrated Pest Managment] weed control only as needed when needed.
The timing of each application may very to meet specific needs and weather conditions.
Crabgrass Foxtail Broadleaf
- Grub Control [June-July] Application of insecticide to prevent grub damage
Needs to be watered in].
- Core Lawn Aeration [performed in the fall] Turf Tenders offers core lawn aeration as another tool to help your lawn stay healthy. Purdue university recommends aeration at least once each year to revive soil compaction, improve air and water movement into the soil, encourage root growth and help relieve the stress from drought.